husmig o. Washington

Immigration

Immigration is truly degrading our country as a whole. We have heard over and over that we need to do something about immigration and it is about time we do something.

Dear Mr. or Ms. President,

I would like to talk about immigration, and how it is ruining our nation, as a whole. I do not have any background on immigration but I think that it is very important for my future, and what is to come in the next however many years. I believe that if America brings in more illegal immigrants then it will truly ruin America.

People may say that this is not a very important issue and that we need to focus on more important issues but i think and there are many reasons and or pieces of evidence proving that it is a place of freedom and liberal Justice and I agree it is a place of freedom and liberal Justice but if we continue to bring in all this illegal immigrants then it is only bring terror of all Americans citizens. It's not making America better it's making it worse.

In an article it states “Of the 61,529 criminal cases initiated by federal prosecutors in 2013, more than 40 percent were filed in court districts neighboring the border. Nearly 22 percent were drug-related, 19.7 percent were violent crimes, and 10.2 percent involved white-collar offenses” (Meyers).in this piece of evidence its shows and states that because the immigration rate has gone up so drastically so has the crime rate as have the drug rate.

In an article written by Snyder its states,“In one recent year, taxpayers in Los Angeles County spent 600 million dollars on welfare for children of illegal immigrants” (Snyder). I think that is is a very important piece of evidence, because image all of your tax dollars going to someone who will just use America in their little game. Typically the money immigrants “ borrow” from Americans get but in their pockets than the immigrants go and try to get a job somewhere and once that is accomplished, the immigrants will just send their money back to their homeland and they will move back there as well trying to restart their living and or continue what they started.

It also states in the article that Michael Snyder wrote that “ Thanks to illegal immigration, California’s overstretched health care system is on the verge of collapse. Dozens of California hospitals and emergency rooms have shut down over the past decade because they could not afford to stay open after being endlessly swamped by illegal immigrants who were simply not able to pay for the services that they were receiving. As a result, the remainder of the health care system in the state of California is now beyond overloaded. This had led to brutally long waits, diverted ambulances and even unnecessary patient deaths. At this point, the state of California now ranks dead last out of all 50 States in the number of emergency rooms per million people.” Now this evidence just supports my claim even more. I understand and sympathize for the immigrants that have no place to go but i still feel that if there are taxpayers of a certain states for example California in this case why do the taxpayers come second? If it weren't for the taxpayers hospitals would not be very good in California but because illegal immigrants are coming into the United States and taking over places such as California then places such as hospitals shall be shut down.

In conclusion i think that if we lessen the amount of illegal immigrants that come into the United states and or cut then off completely and not let them into the united states at all then the United States of America would be a much clearer and more stable places for living. I think that the united states should really get stronger  border control or even just not giving as much money to illegal immigrants, and if America does these actions then it will lessen the amount of problems then United States has. 

Sincerely ,

Husmig O

West Seattle High School

6th period LA9H

Hopkins Honors Introduction to Literature