Zacharaih F. California

Racism

My main Idea is that Colored People need more rights.

I believe that racism is a big issue in our country.

It has been going on since 1857.We all should have the same rights as everyone. Police brutality and racism are major issues in this society.

According to the Mapping Police Violence, “Police killed at least 102 unarmed black people in 2015, nearly twice each week”. Another example from Mapping Police Violence, “Only 10 of the 102 cases in 2015 where an unarmed black person was killed by police resulted in officer(s) being charged with a crime.

African American lives are being lost over something they haven’t done. It is all about race in America for almost a century. Muslim people are being called terrorist because of Isis and 9/11. Black people are being killed because they are colored. Mexicans are being deported and separated because they weren’t born in America, because they have no passports. This is not fair because everyone is not white and Just BECAUSE WE ARE COLORED. I really think that police departments should use body cams to pick up the real thing.

This is unfair. I thought that America was a free country where everyone can live peacefully. But we are becoming the worst country ever. We are killing each other because we are different skin color. Police use the power that they have and they abuse it on colored people. This is not fair.I thought that America is a free country for everyone but I guess not because as you can see that no one has freedom people. THIS NEEDS TO END. We need to treat each other with love and respect. Please help us be a better country.

Health Science Middle School

Health Sciences Middle School

Our young writers share their passion, questions, and solutions with you in hopes of creating a more positive and powerful dialogue during this electoral season.