Jenifer G. California

Stop Separating Families !

Are you okay with families being separated because of deportation?

By: Jenifer Garcia

Did you know that the government has deported 2.5 billion illegal immigrants ? Are you aware of the damage that deportation is causing families?

According to www.migrationpolicy.org there are currently 11.7 million immigrants in the U.S .Immigrants are very hard workers and very fast workers. Immigrants are very dedicated they all made a living for their families and I believe they all came to the U.S to make a better living because we all know most people in Mexico suffer from being poor. Did you also know that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than native born Americans?                                                                                                                                                                       

Some people take advantage of immigrants because they are undocumented. Immigration is very important because in Pewreaserch.org It states that The number of unauthorized immigrants from nations other than Mexico grew by 325,000 since 2009 to an estimated 5.3 million in 2014. Did you also know that 59 percent of immigrants are unauthorized? The great thing about immigrants is that they are willing to do the jobs that other people might not want to do. For example, I have never seen an American crouching all day in the hot sun picking fruit and vegetable they only get paid 7 dollars an hour and the minimum wage is $10.

I would like for the deportation to stop. The reason I would like it to stop is because there are a lot of people being separated from their families and I don't think that is fair because immigrants have made a living in the U.S. already. And did you know that 75 percent of immigrants speak english? I believe that Hillary Clinton understands what I am saying and this is the reason, “I don’t want fear in this country, Imagine being asleep and you hear that you parents are being taken away and being deported” I found that quote very moving to me because I can’t even imagine how hurtful that would be. 

In conclusion, a solution that i think that would be helpful is to stop deportation or if they are deporting people the least that can happen is to deport the sons and daughters of the immigrants too. What I think the next president should do is a immigration reform.

Health Science Middle School

Health Sciences Middle School

Our young writers share their passion, questions, and solutions with you in hopes of creating a more positive and powerful dialogue during this electoral season.