Yaritza California

Should Dogs Have A Shelter?

I believe dogs should have a shelter because a shelter provides safety for other animals that might cause them harm

Dear Future President

I am here to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves and bring up an issue that many are trying to hide or ignore.I believe that dogs should have a shelter because a shelter provides safety for other animals that might cause them harm. A dog without a fenced yard or enclosed patio is a dog that is not safe.

There are about 150 million companion dogs and cats in the u.s., and about 5% of them are thrown into animal shelters every year not counting the homeless animals that are not lucky enough to be rescued by shelter.

The root cause of this problem is our irresponsibility. People often buy little puppies because they are cute and small at that stage of growth, not knowing that adopting a pet takes great responsibility and patience. 

Health Science Middle School

Health Sciences Middle School

Our young writers share their passion, questions, and solutions with you in hopes of creating a more positive and powerful dialogue during this electoral season.