Daniel L. California

Terrorism

Over seas terrorism is a big problem in the world.

My name is Daniel and I attend Yreka High School. As the president of the United States your duty is to stop overseas terrorism. In the article entitled “Who’s doing what to fight ISIS” it states that “The U.S. Central Command has conducted over 90 airstrikes, including 6 after Obama pledged to continue hitting ISIS despite the group’s threat to kill another American captive”. I believe this is important because this is an American citizen either there on business or vacation, now being tortured on national television. It needs to be stopped, Fear of being hurt or killed has drastically changed people’s thought on vacation. For example “86% of people are concerned about terrorist attacks while on vacation abroad” evidenced by the article “ Did Terrorist Attacks Actually Affect Overseas Travel “. 86% of people didn’t want to travel to these destinations due terrorism, It is definitely a drastic change in numbers to me. To add on to the subject also evidenced by “ Did Terrorist Attacks Actually Affect Overseas Travel “ 22% of Americans change their whole vacation plans because of overseas terrorism. The article entitled “ Did Terrorist Attacks Actually Affect Overseas Travel “ states Istanbul was a very attractive tourist location, but ever since the uprising percentage of terrorist attacks it has dropped to 43.7% just since 2015 in America. Personally I would not want to travel to a area like this either with all of the terrorism going on, it is something our upcoming president needs to attend to. The self-proclaimed “Islamic state has conducted or inspired more than 140 terrorist attacks in 29 countries other than Iraq and Syria, where it’s carnage has taken a much deadlier toll” evidenced by “Tom Lister, Ray Sanchez, and Mark Bixler” seen in the article “ ISIS Goes Global “, Those attacks have killed at least 2,043 people and injured thousands. If your citizens are being put at risk Mr. or Madam president I think it is time for a change. The Islamic state has taken “full responsibility for the Bastille Day attack on seaside promenade in Nice, France, which totalled up a large amount of deaths which was sourced by “ The Wall Street Journal” . If you, our next President can take it into your hands to lower all of the large terrorist numbers it’d be gratefully appreciated. It is something that needs to be attended to before it becomes anymore out of hand that it already is.

Cordially,

Daniel L.

Yreka High School

American Literature

Yreka High School English III students from Ms. Truttman's class.