Paige Michigan

Animal Testing

Poor animals are suffering for our shampoo and lotion. Animal testing can be prevented.

I’m a sixth grader from Michigan, and there’s is a problem concerning crucial citizens. Our furry citizens to be exact. I believe animal testing is a major dilemma. Animal testing started in 1850s by a theory that they could serve as effective models for beauty, hygiene, cleaning, household, and personal products. Animal testing is actually extremely useless. Health director Dr. Elias Zerhouni states, “I admit that experiments on animals in order to help humans and society has been a major failure.” In fact, according to hsi.org, 9 out of 10 products tested on animals that seem safe and effective, do not work on humans. I believe that animal testing is pointless and irrelevant.

Animal testing is inhumane and counterproductive. Do you really need to force a bunny to inhale a cleaning spray with perilous chemicals? Is it necessary to wound a mouse to try healing it with ineffective products? As stated in ProCon.org, helpless animals in laboratories are commonly subjected to force feeding, force inhalation, food and water deprivation, physical restraint, and infliction of pain to study the process and ability of healing products. It is unfair to animals.Yet, there are more animals in labs around the U.S. than just rodents. As claimed by peta.org, each year more than 100 million animals, (mice, rats, frogs, dogs, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, primates, fish, and birds) are killed during the U.S. experimentation.

Next President, animal testing can be solved, and our nation can easily be better in many ways. For example, cruelty-free products have better quality and superiority. According to Cruelty-free International, replacing animal testing will improve the quality as well as the humaneness of our science. Also, cruelty free is more environmentally friendly too. Neavs.org says that cruelty free products are more environmentally friendly. Anyways, animal testing is relentless, merciless, and worthless. Since animals are so diverse from humans, what’s the purpose? As stated by Cruelty-free International, human tissue and other parts of the body are not relevant to an animal’s body or tissue. In addition to this, neavs.org explains that alternative scientific tests are often more reliable than animal tests. Lastly, the US can be saved a lot of money. Over 100 million animals a year are shoveled into laboratories, right? Wouldn’t it be better if we saved the animals and preserved the money invested in it?

In conclusion, animal testing isn’t right or humane. So, President of the U.S., can you help save animals’ lives and rights? Animal testing is a big issue, and it can’t be avoided or put to the side any longer.

Paige