Ashlie Iowa

Animal Abuse

Animal abuse is a problem in America. I think that we need to prevent it and do something about animal abuse.

I think that we need to find a way to prevent animal abuse and do something about it. There is a shocking number of animal cruelty cases reported every day. It is common in both rural and urban areas.

Some people who abuse animals are not doing it on purpose. They do it on accident and do not realize that they are doing it. Some do it to keep their pet under control, because they think that it will help them obey. Some are cruel because they don't pay attention. The worst kind of abuse are the people that do it on purpose. Other people do it because they like to hurt things. There can be many different kinds of animal abuse. One way is actually hitting the animal, another way is not giving them the necessary food or shelter that they need. A survey says that those who intentionally abuse animals are normally men under 30 years old.

Animals abused are often reported as dogs, cats, horses, and livestock. About 70.1% are dogs, 20.9% cats, 24.1% is other. About 2.6 million companion animals go to shelters each year. About 3.9 million dogs, and 3.5 million cats go to shelters. Some ways that you can help is to realize how important affection is to certain animals, and people can report animal cruelty to help stop it.

Ashlie