Atena R. Washington

Abortion is immoral and should be illegal.

I am writing to you about a topic I'm tremendously strong about. Abortion. There are obviously two clear sides to this issue. On one side are those who believe that women are not entitled to end the life of an unborn child. The others believe that women have the right to decide what happens to their body. Let me state my side. I am pro-life. No one in the world has the right to kill someone, so why should we make an exception to pregnant women choosing abortion.

According to studentsforlife.org, 1.1 million U.S abortions happen each year. That's myriad lives. Lives that could have been great people but couldn't because their mothers decided they weren't worthy of life. Women who were incapable of going through the repercussions of their actions. In this case I'm not referring to women who have been victims of rape. I truly feel bad for what happened to them, but that is no excuse for a murder of an innocent child. Babies are amazing and totally worth making sacrifices for. There is help everywhere, they're just too damn afraid to ask for it. EVERY SINGLE BABY IS WORTH IT!!!

Now let's talk about how this is an incredibly selfish act. It's all about the women and her “choice,” but nothing about the baby. It doesn't only affect the women, it affects the baby too. “93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (that is, the child is unwanted or inconvenient) (abortionno.org).” Abortions happening just because. That's is ridiculous. It shouldn't be that easy to get rid of a child. People are so low.

Think about it this way. Is it your life your ending? No it's not fair. For people to be so empathetic it's crazy. This baby is never coming back. No one gets the right to be selfish, nope, not when the result is killing a totally innocent human being. I'm speaking for all those little babies that are victims of abortion. They get no say in this, someone has to stand up for them. What i ask of you is to do something either having women who have an abortion be punished and suffer the consequences for their decision in murdering a child or making it illegal.

Atena R.

Foster High School

Nohl's 1st period Civics

First period class.