Bryan G. Illinois

The truth about the 2nd Ammendment

Gun control is a huge problem that is always talked about. It needs attention and something needs to be done.

Every day 289 innocent people are shot in the USA. That is way too many people. Gun control is a huge problem.

Paul Stevens, a member on the supreme court, adds in 5 words to the second amendment as a way to explain his stand on gun control “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms when serving in the militia shall not be infringed.’ This means that there are people within our own government that agree with banning guns for the public, and as Stevens states here, believes that only members serving in the military shall have the right to own a gun.

Also, the number of guns produced by the U.S. firearms makers has gone up by 31% from 6.54 million in 2011 according to bloomberg. That is even more convincing that we need to do something, because it is getting worse than already how bad it was just 5 years ago.

Despite the fact that most people want to possess it in order to be on the safe side, we are aware of a lot of accidents when innocent people were hurt unintentionally. For this reason, more and more people nowadays are supporting the complication of the procedure of getting a gun. Too many factors indicate its negative aspects. Of course, some people say that it is not the gun that kills people; it is people itself. They are absolutely right but the fact that those people have the gun is what leads them to such dreadful actions. We should take measures in order to reduce the amount of guns people possess, otherwise it may lead to a great number of tragedies.

Gurrie Middle School

McGovern Period 5/6

Ms. McGovern's Period 5/6 ELA Class