Adam O. Ohio

Today's Education is a Mess.

Kids all over our country aren't able to go to school because they are in poverty. There education matters because that is what is going to make them smarter and have them get farther in life.

Dear Next President:

I wanted to discuss about many problems in our education. First how are you going to let kids that can’t afford to pay for and education be able to get an education. Next, A newly signed bill will bring major changes to the No Child Left Behind education law. The bill introduces a new approach to rating teacher performance and might change what students must learn. It also alters the way the most poorly performing schools are pushed to improve. This bill is going to help keep us to learning a better education. Are you going to keep this bill so we can have a better education to make us smarter?

Education and schooling are poor across the country in many towns. "We just needed someone who believed in us," said Jeff Arnold, an art teacher in the district. Education leads people very far in life. In the Jennings school district in Missouri, the schooling is very bad. The town is in poverty, and their are many obstacles that keep the kids from learning. The horrible education in Jennings leads to a poor learning environment, and it makes it hard for students to learn.

Many people can’t afford to go to school in America, and they can’t get an education. Poverty across America affects many schools and towns. One-quarter of people living in Jennings are under the line of poverty. Only 13 percent of people at the age of 25 and up get a bachelor's degree. A girl in Jennings, Gwen Mcdile, was a homeless 17-year-old. She missed so much school, she didn’t think she would graduate. Many students can’t afford to go to school in Jennings due to poverty.

Many people don’t take things farther beyond education to help schools. Taking bigger steps in education makes a huge difference with schools. Tiffany Anderson arrived in Jennings school district as a superintendent a few years ago. "Some people think if you do all this other stuff, it takes away from focusing on instruction, when really it ensures that you can take kids farther academically." Anderson has started a college prep program, to further educate students. Each morning and afternoon, she serves as a crossing guard on a busy street to keep children safe. Lot’s of people don’t take steps beyond education, which doesn’t help schools grow and develop.

Education is different throughout America, and it is a huge component in students futures. “This month, state officials announced that as a result of the improvements, Jennings had reached full accreditation for the first time in more than a decade.” People don’t take bigger steps beyond education, and it is impairing schools across America in poverty.

Sincerely, Adam 

Hudson Middle School

HMS 8 Respect

The gathering place of fine young minds in Hudson Middle School!