Collin S. Ohio

We Are Divided

Why shouldn't we be a Divided Nation of racism and stereotypes, with a lack of gun laws? Because it is tearing this nation apart. America has been falling apart for many years and now is your chance to turn that around. It's time we all pieced america back together. As the next president you will have a chance to establish more gun laws and piece america back together.

Dear Next President:

Due to lack of gun control, racism, and stereotypes, there have been many deaths, but with more gun control we will keep the deaths of innocent people down. Have​ ​the​ ​presidents​ ​in​ ​the​ ​past​ ​and​ ​current​ ​president pushed​ ​this​ ​to​ ​the​ ​side?​ ​We​ ​should​ ​have​ ​done something​ ​about​ ​this​ ​problem​ ​the​ ​first​ ​time​ ​we​ ​noticed it. As president of the US you should do something about black people’s rights, they shouldn’t be killed because of a stereotype.. We can also make stadium security better by adding more metal detectors.

As the next president, you have a chance to give black people more rights, they shouldn’t be killed because police assume that they have a gun when they don’t, or getting killed because they are black and their is a stereotype that they kill people, it just isn’t fair to the black people, and it is just so avoidable, but we still haven’t done anything about it.

DeRay Mckesson, a social activist for gun laws and black rights, he was arrested by the St. Louis police during the black lives matter protest. We need more gun control because for example, Mckesson says school gave him a sense of purpose. He did well in high school and attended college at Bowdoin University, where he was elected student body president. After college he took a series of jobs in education, first as a middle school math teacher in Brooklyn, New York. He later moved back to Baltimore to start an after-school program for fifth- through eighth-grade students. He then began working as a school administrator, first with the Baltimore City Schools and later with the Minneapolis Public Schools in Minnesota.And what’s become routine, of course, is the response of those who do not want any kind of gun laws. Right now, I can imagine them arguing that we need more guns and fewer gun-safety laws. Does anybody really believe that? There are scores of responsible gun owners in this country, and they know that it's not true. We know because people have been asked and have voted online or over the phone.

And what’s become routine, of course, is the response of those who do not want any kind of gun laws. Right now, I can imagine them arguing that we need more guns and fewer gun-safety laws. Does anybody really believe that? There are scores of responsible gun owners in this country, and they know that it's not true. We know because people have been asked and have voted online or over the phone. These polls say most Americans understand we should be changing these laws. The majority of responsible gun owners who follow the law believe we should change these laws.

Of course, somebody, somewhere will say, Obama made this issue political. Well, this is something we should make political. I would ask news organizations to tally up the number of Americans who have been killed through terrorist attacks over the last decade and the number of Americans who have been killed by gun violence, and post those side-by-side on your news reports. This won't be information coming from me; it will be coming from you. We spend over a trillion dollars and pass countless laws to prevent terrorist attacks. And we should do this. But we still have lawmakers who stop us from even getting more information on how we could potentially reduce gun deaths. How can that be?

Black Lives Matter affirms the lives of all black people, it centers those that have been marginalized within Black liberation movements. It is a tactic to rebuild the Black liberation movement.When we say Black Lives Matter, we are broadening the conversation around state violence to include all of the ways in which Black people are intentionally left powerless at the hands of the state. We are talking about the ways in which Black lives are deprived of our basic human rights and dignity. For several years we have denied black people for their deserved rights, it is now your chance to give theme those rights.

Sincerely, Collin 

Hudson Middle School

HMS 8 Respect

The gathering place of fine young minds in Hudson Middle School!