Evan M. Georgia

National Defense

We need some improvements to help our country. We have been secretly invaded by terrorists, and it needs to stop.

So how much longer will we have to deal with terrorists? The idea passes through my 13-year old mind every now and then. I question our country's safety sometimes. Facing the truth, we aren't as strong as we think we are.

It seems to be pretty easy to do too. We obviously aren't aware of suspicious people. It's a big issue. In 2001, we were attacked when terrorists hijacked a plane.  How? Why is it possible to for one person to just easily destroy our country? We need to improve our defenses. Sometimes we can stop them, but not all the time.  It still means something to other people who have lost people in terrorist attacks.  9/11 was the biggest act of terrorism on U.S. soil. Too many people died in something that could have been easily prevented. We have to be aware of who enters this great country.

Another topic that I would like to bring up is ISIS. They scare me, a lot. In fact, a lot of people are frightened. We’ve been fighting them for awhile now, and we subsided them a little bit. Even though the ISIS crisis is looking up, 52% of the public say no to sending troops to the Middle East. I strongly disagree with this. It’s a big problem, and we need to help stop it. Why would we not help stop terrorists?

Being the strongest country and having the biggest budget for the army, I think we could do a lot better to defend freedom and attack terrorists. 

Evan