Nick G. Illinois

Issues With Gun Violence

What are the issues with Gun Violence? And how do we put an end to it all around the United States

Hi my name is Nick and I’m an 8th grader that will soon be a freshmen next year. Everyday when I go outside, I either hear or see police cars or ambulances with their sirens on. When those sirens go off, it’s probably because there has been a shooting near where I live. Finally, I told myself that I’ve had enough of it. So that’s why I’m writing this letter to you to end Gun Violence all across America when you become elected for President. Here are a few reasons why I think you should end Gun Violence.

The first reason to why you should end gun violence is according to Letters To The Next President, every year about 31 thousand American citizens die from gun violence, 80 thousand get injured from Gun Violence, and 500 thousand crimes that are related to gun violence are committed.

The next reason is that there was about 372 shootings in America last year in 2015. About 50 of those shootings were school shootings. If you put an end to Gun Violence, there will be less or none of those kinds of shootings. We can all live in peace without having to worry about a shooter within our area that’s trying to harm others and their families.

The final reason to why you should end Gun Violence once and for all, is that there are some people are out there who are not qualified to shoot a gun. I’m not saying that we should take the 2nd amendment away from those kinds of people, but what I am saying is that those kinds of people should get some kind of training from qualified people that actually know how to use a gun.

In conclusion, those are my three reasons to why you should end all Gun Violence in America when you get elected for President this month in November. I hope that you will take consideration to this if you are reading this letter. If you are able to take action into this, I will be so grateful that you decided to help end all Gun Violence. Thank you!

Nick G.

8th Grade

Gurrie Middle School

1-2 LaBud ELA

1-2 LaBud ELA