Alexia Michigan

Homeless Veterans

My paper is about how veterans are homeless and trying to get back on their feet.

As you probably know, there are many problems facing our country today. While all of these problems are very important and need resolution, there is one issue that I believe is particularly important. We need to help homeless veterans get back on their feet.

There are many homeless veterans in the United States of America. β€œMore than five hundred thousand U.S. veterans experience homelessness each year, maintains the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans (NCHV).” There are so many vets on the streets, and we need to help them so that number drops.

A veteran named Mark is struggling with everyday life. Friends let him stay with them for a night then he goes out and tries to find a job, according to the article, "No longer left behind: Area homeless veterans find help from their despair." The veterans struggle everyday with living and we need to help them, and give them jobs. 

So, I believe if we can help our veterans get back on their feet and working again our society would be a better place for everyone.

Alexia B.