Madeline North Dakota

DAKOTA ACCESS PIPELINE

You need to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline!

The Dakota Access Pipeline shouldn't get put in the Missouri River. It will or could harm the water, protesters could hurt someone or they could get hurt, and the construction workers are digging up sacred land and burial sites of the Standing Rock Sioux tribe said by Times.

First reason this shouldn't go in is because it could harm the water if it spills or leaks. This water is a drinking source to the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and other towns. If it spills their water would be contaminated and nobody could drink, shower or use that water (Times Magazine). This is the only source of water for the Standing Rock Sioux tribe (Times Magazine).

Second reason this shouldn't go is because of the damage. The protesters are getting harmed and the protesters are attacking the construction workers and people who agree with the Dakota Access Pipeline. The police are letting their dangerous dogs attack and they are macing protesters. The protesters spilled oil all around the capital. They also spray painted on the construction equipment.

Finally, pipeline should not go is because it's on the Native American's land. This land has scared places to the natives and the construction workers are digging it up, they are also digging up burial sites (Business Insider).

In conclusion the Dakota Access Pipeline shouldn't get put in the Missouri River because it could harm the water of many communities' water source, the protesters could get hurt or protesters could attack others, and construction workers are digging up scared land. Future President, you need to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline!

Maddie W.

Beulah Miners

Beulah High School - English II (Utecht)

Beulah High School, Beulah, ND