Matt K. California

College Cost

The cost of getting into a college is insanely high and needs to be lower in order for students to get an advanced education.

College cost is a problem facing all students and children. College cost is the second highest reason of debt in america behind mortgages.

College cost are way too high and should be lowered because college is too expensive for the average family and the more expensive college is, more students will have to get a student loan which could put students in a bad financial situation.

College is too expensive for the average family because most families do not have thousands of dollars to spend on college. Since families can’t pay for college, they have to tell their kids if they don’t get a scholarship, they can't go to college. So then students are stressed to get scholarships so the cost for college is easier on themselves and their parents. The average cost for college tuition is $32,405 at private colleges, $9,410 for state residents at public colleges, and $23,893 for out-of-state residents attending public universities. That cost does not include books, housing, tutoring, and other necessities in college.

The more expensive college is, more students will have to get loans because families can’t pay for college and students loans will put students through college but put them in a very bad financial situation.The average student leaves college with about $25,000 in student loan debt. The monthly payment on a $25,000 student loan is approximately $280 (assuming 6.8% interest and a 10-year repayment plan), which can cause financial problems for young students leaving college.

You could argue that the price for college tuition should stay the same because that money goes towards better teachers and more education for all the different degrees. Most colleges have had to increase college tuition to hire better professors and teachers. Also college tuition money goes to campus improvements and items to help the college. But these aren't important enough to raise college tuition prices every year making it harder and harder to go to college.

College tuition prices are too high and are costing students way too much. Do you have the money to go to college? Do you want to struggle with student loan debt for the next ten years after college? College cost is a serious problem that needs to be recognized as a bigger problem than it is right now.

Colorado Department of Higher Education. "College in Colorado." Student Loan Repayments. Money 101, 2012. Web. 07 Nov. 2016. ; COLLEGEdata. "What's the Price Tag for a College Education?" COLLEGEdata. National Association for College Admission Counseling, 2016. Web. 07 Nov. 2016.