SADIE California

Why Do Wealthy Neighborhoods Have Cleaner Streets Then Areas Of Lower Class

Over the years I have noticed that areas where people don't have a lot of money are pushed to the side and not taken care of and the areas that are wealthy look super nice. I strongly believe that it is unfair for residents in these lower class areas to look out there windows and see nothing but dirty streets. With your help future President we can make a difference and fix this problem!

Why do people in areas with more wealth have cleaner streets?

Dear President, my name is Sadie. Something has caught my attention, I noticed in Sun Valley the area that I attend school has filthy streets and many homeless people roaming the streets. Now, my sister attends school in Sherman Oaks. The houses are nicer, the streets are cleaner, and people are driving around in nicer cars and wearing nicer things. I always ask myself “Why is that in this area where people have more money/wealth is much more taken care of then where the lower/middle class people live? “I feel like people pay more attention to the areas that have high class citizens then the areas where people don’t get paid enough or don’t have as much money as the others.                                            I recently started to pay attention to how the area changes as I get further away from my sister’s school and closer to mine. I feel as if the people who live near my school got so used to seeing the streets full of trash that they don’t realize how bad it is. These are the areas that we need to start paying attention to future President. The people in these areas care about what their community looks like. It’s just that others don’t because they don’t live there. It comes down to even the small things, like fixing the streets. All the streets in Sherman Oaks are nice and smooth but again as you get closer to my school the road gets bumpy.                                                                                                    Citizens in this area just need to see that you care and that your trying your best to help the community. I do understand that you’re the President of the United States of America. Your busy worrying about debt we owe to other countries and the war and ISIS/terrorists. But we are the people who look up to you to help us. We are your citizens. So of course, that last thing on your mind is bumpy roads and trash on the streets. See the thing is that we are not in your position. We don’t realize how many things you’re dealing with. That’s why we think it’s such a big deal. We just need to see that you care.