Lauren M. Oklahoma

Education:

Funding for Public Education

Hello, I’m extremely grateful that you’re taking the time out of your day to read this, thank you. I would just like to address some concerns I have involving the future of my generation. First of all, I’m about to graduate high school and I would really like to not be in debt for the rest of my life in order to go to a good school. I know that this isn’t necessarily a big concern when you have lowering the national debt to worry about, but it’s my main concern right now which is why I think it’s important. I also believe that teachers deserve way more money. It absolutely astounds me that, based on pay, the people teaching the future generations of America make significantly less than people that play sports for a living. That makes no sense to me whatsoever, so I think teachers should have their income increased. I would also very much appreciate it if the future is made a good place for me to raise my kids. Education is extremely important; it is educating the future of our country. I think that more money from other government programs need to be reallocated towards education. Personally, I have experienced the paper shortage and pay cuts in the Oklahoma public education system, and it discourages the entire community. Thinking that no matter what happens, schools will always be underfunded is a travesty of epic proportions. I don’t necessarily think that colleges need to have more money given to them because tuition and donations pay for a significant amount of their budget. I think that a lot of money needs to go into improving high schools and middle schools for better conditions of classrooms, better classes, and better educations in the long run.

Lauren McCabe