Justin Grice Ohio

More laws should be made

Dear Donald Trump,

Guns, they can either be useful or they can be harmful. Guns need to be monitored. People need to know who they are selling guns to. They need to do background checks. The number of guns sold should be reduced.

The number of people killed on average by guns every year is 33,085 people. The number of gun related suicides every year is 21,334. In September alone 1.76 million guns were sold. In the United States there are 88.8 guns per 100 people. Procon.org states”Guns were the leading cause of death by homicide (66.6% of all homicides) and by suicide (52.2% of all suicides).”

When people don't who owns guns they are used incorrectly. According to procon.org five women are murdered with guns every day in the United States. The police should do a gun check on people that own guns. You should make a law that if someone has depression they can't obtain a gun unless under adult supervision to prevent suicides. These laws need to be made so less people get hurt by guns.

With more laws we can prevent gun related deaths from happening. If these laws are made and enforced we could reduce the average of people killed by guns every year. Guns are a useful but dangerous item. In the wrong hands they can do a lot of harm to everything and everyone. Gun usage needs to be controlled.

Justin Grice