Robert L. Texas

Robert Lopez Letter to the president

Racial segregation is ruining our country

Dear future president

Eric garner, trayvon Martin, Walter Scott. These are just a few names of unarmed black men who have been killed by police officers in the last five years. And the number of new victims is on the rise. The worst part is all of this is happening in your country. And now it is up to you the president of the United States to change that. You may think this problem does not affect you. But it is affecting the communities around the country you are responsible for. Innocent American citizens are being carelessly slaughtered by the people who are suppose to be protecting us. Is this the country you're going to run? We need change or else things will just get worse. There are ways to stop this but we need your help. Better training for police officers and eliminating racism is a must for this country to work properly. But like I said before it's up to you. You are the president, you have one of the biggest impacts in the world. So I ask you are you up to the challenge of making your country a better place? I sure hope so.

Galena Park High School

English II

English II students write about their concerns for the upcoming election.