Donta Louisiana

Dear Mr. or Mrs. President

I'm 17 years of age 5'9 African American and Today I come to tell you that I want Police Brutality to stop!!!! The year isn’t over yet, and police have already killed at least 800 people — many of whom were unarmed, mentally ill, and people of color. This number comes from The Guardian’s police killings database, but the Killed by Police database counts 855 people who have died at the hands of police so far this year. The Washington Post reports that 715 people have been shot and killed by cops. Going by the Guardian’s count, Native Americans and black people are being killed at the highest rates in the United States. 194 Black Americans have been killed by police so far this year, at a rate of 4.86 deaths per million. These numbers do not include the fatal shooting of a protester in Charlotte, North Carolina on Wednesday, who remains unidentified. At least one pastor thus far has claimed the shot in that case “came from the direction of police.” February and March were the deadliest months this year, with 99 people killed by police in each month. Police have killed 59 people so far this month alone. I'm begging you Mr. or Mrs. President please travel to these states and stop it please!

Yours Truly,  Donta Brown

Delta Charter School

DCS US History

Delta Charter School U.S. History classes