Jania B. Louisiana

The Cost of College

The cost of college for today's teenagers is outrageously high, and there needs to be a reduction made by the federal government.

Since 1980, the cost of receiving an education beyond high school has risen by 945 percent according to informationstation.org. On average, about 65.9% of highschool graduates will enroll in some form of higher education school. Rather it be a technical or vocational school, or a two or four year university, a majority of these students will be paying off their fees after graduation. I, myself, will be entering college in the Fall of 2017. This is an issue that I have already began to deal with. 

My tenth-twelfth grade years of highschool are filled with dual-enrollment classes. My school and its higher power has been able to pay for these classes while I am receiving my college credits. However, I elected to take more classes on my own, which encompasses textbooks as well. Without even being enrolled in a university, my parents are already feeling the effects of this debt. Maybe not all students are like me, but a majority of them are. My cost of attendance to the in-state college of Louisiana Tech University totals out to a little over $20,000 per year. 

This is just in my case, but there are many others who are experiencing the same issue as well. Each candidate has education as one of their top priorities. There is no doubt that this is one of the biggest issues in America. For people to have a well-paying job to be able to support this economy, they must have a strong base of education. The debt from trying to receive this education is holding back Americans from living a well middle-class life that can support their nation's economy. So, what will you do to lower the debts and costs of college in your next four years?

Delta Charter School

DCS World History

Delta Charter School World History class