Makenna Patt Louisiana

Wage gap in America

The wage gap in America is an on going issue that has made it hard for women to have equal pay to a man. Women earn about .78$ for every dollar a man earns.

In 2015, female full-time workers made only 79 cents for every dollar earned by men, a gender wage gap of 80%. This is an even bigger problem for non-white women. For black women, the wage gap is 65% of what a white male earn; also, for Hispanic women, the wage gap is about 58%. 

This makes it hard for single mothers, especially women of color, which means their children will have less opportunities than children with a two parent house hold. Yes, they do have social security and some may have health benefits from their jobs but, this is just not enough for our American economy. 

"Equal Work for Equal Pay" says Republican nominee Donald Trump.
"The failure to ensure equal pay also impacts the families and the broader economy." says Democratic nominee Hilary Clinton. "Some say this is a problem just for women, but that's wrong"

The United States of America has come a long way, but until we can ensure pay equality, we still have a long way to go.  

Sincerely, Makenna Patt