David Baez Pennsylvania

Environmental Destruction

A Letter By Pure Handsomeness

As you may know by now our lovely Earth is going down. It makes me and probably a lot of people feel both terrified and worried of what the future holds, if you think of it yes, we may have great upcoming technology to show the future, but we can’t have a future if we’re not living. We all need to save the world, new and stronger laws need to be inforced

Billions of plastic bags are made each year of those bags 100 billion are thrown away according to Worldwatch Institute. With less than 1% finding their own way back into a recycling bin the end of this is around 1 billion birds and mammals dying each year by the ingestion of plastic. Each year, humankind adds six to eight billion tons of carbon to the atmosphere by burning fossil fuels and destroying forest, pumping up the concentration of greenhouse gases responsible for global warming - an effect that could raise temperatures by three to ten degrees by the year 2050. Also, If the number of cars keep increasing at its present rate, they will be over 1 billion on the road by 2025 there is currently around 700 million cars on the road today producing 900 million tons of carbon dioxide each year this equals approximately 15% of our total output, Sadly one half of these trips in the US or within 3 miles and could easily be walked in less than one hour. Finally,In 2010 Americans generated garbage at a rate of 4.43 pounds per person per day and recycled garbage at a rate of only 34% leaving 165,000,000 tons of trash designed for landfills according to the United States Environmental Protection Agency statistics. Reducing waste in combination with recycling can reduce methane emissions saving energy and increase forest sequestration. Waste reduction actions include reusing and re buying used, recycled items and choosing items in less packaging and items that could end up in a landfill. (Google.com)

Also a llarge study has found that up to one half of all plants and animal species on dryland could face extinction by the year 2050 due to global warming and according to the world resources institute 100 species die each day due to tropical deforestation.Today is Earth Day. Sadly though, it hardly means anything to us and it’s hard to say it ever will, till the time nature hits us back. The amount of damage we have done to our planet can never be exactly accounted for but sooner or later, we will succumb to nature’s wrath. (Google.com)

Organization for Economic Cooperation and DEvelopment (OECD) report says pollution will become biggest cause of premature death killing an estimated 3.6 million people a year by 2050 (Wikipedia.com)

Conserve Energy Future says Environmental degradation is the disintegration of the earth or deterioration of the environment through consumption of assets, for example, air, water and soil; the destruction of environments and the eradication of wildlife. It is characterized as any change or aggravation to nature’s turf seen to be pernicious or undesirable. Ecological effect or degradation is created by the consolidation of an effectively substantial and expanding human populace, constantly expanding monetary development or per capita fortune and the application of asset exhausting and polluting technology. It occurs when earth’s natural resources are depleted and environment is compromised in the form of extinction of species, pollution in air, water and soil, and rapid growth in population. (Google.com)

In Conclusion I would definitely love If you were to help not just the Earth but all of the people in the world. To me I think a lot of people can care less about the earth’s health and just want to get paid. To me new laws can be a great cause. Cause we want to live longer and live better to share Religions and Cultures with the world.

Sincerely, David Baez