Marcus California

We must create laws for gun control!

The next president of the United States needs to create laws for gun control. Did you know that 72% of all violent killings use guns as weapons. Also, on Dec 29, the San Bernardo CA, shooting which had 16 killed ,19 injured that’s another reason why we need to limit guns. As of 2009, the United States has a population of 307 million people. Out of those 307 million people there are roughly 300 million firearms owned by civilians in the United states.That is just 7 million civilians in the United States as of 2009 through 2010 that do not own a firearm. It says on Just facts that 67% of people have guns for protection against crime,66%of people have firearms for target shooting and 58%of people have firearms for hunting.If we were to just to get rid of guns all together we wouldn’t have or most people wouldn't need guns.

To conclude, in the 10- year period from November 30, 1998 to December 31, 2008 about 96 million background checks for gun purchases were processed through the federal background check system. Of these ,approximately 681,000 or about 1% were denied. This shows that almost anybody can get a gun. On July 30,2010 just facts sent a letter to the Bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives requesting data on the number of prosecutions and convictions stemming from these 681,000 denials. We are awaiting a reply.