Gabriela E. California

College

I am concerned about the high cost of college tuition and housing.

Dear President Obama, 

Hi Mr. President, my name is Gabriela Escobedo. I am a senior at San Marcos High School from San Diego, California. I am the first in my family that wants and is going to go to college, but I am concerned about the high cost of college tuition and housing. I have many people living in my house, so I have to share a room with my siblings. After high school, I am planning to move out and get my own space, that is why I started working. The college I want to go to is California State Univerisity of San Marcos.

One of the reasons why I might not go straight to a 4 year university is because of the high cost of college. Even if I go to a 2 year, it is pretty expensive. Since I am also trying to get my own place, or even share a dorm, the money I earn and the money that my parents earn, isn't enough to cover what I would have to pay. I know there are scholarships I can apply to but it would still be too expensive. I believe that a student who wants to go to college, and wants to pursue a career, but has economic issues should not have to worry about the high cost of college if they are willing to keep on studying.

Thankyou President Obama, I appreciate you for taking the time to read my letter and my concern about the high cost of college and tuition.

Gabriela Escobedo

Student

SMHS

San Marcos High School

American Government

Period 4 American Government