Allison D. Michigan

End Illegal Immigration to the United States

Illegal immigration to the United States is a crime that needs to be ended because the jobs, health, and safety of Americans is at risk.

Congratulation on winning the election! You have a big four years ahead and we the American people are counting on you to bring change in the most positive way! I know your hands are full with issues to deal with, but I personally believe illegal immigration is a top priority that you need to key in on.

Illegal immigration is tearing our country apart for a number of reasons. The first being, illegal immigrants are driving Americans out of the workforce because they are willing to work for lower wages. According to data from Pew Research Center and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the number of illegal immigrants in the United States totaled an estimated 11.3 million in 2014, outnumbering the 9.6 million Americans who were unemployed in the same year. If we are going to keep Americans working you need to make employers stop hiring illegal aliens. If we stop hiring them, the incentive to come to America for work will disappear. E-verify, is an online system that allows employers to quickly check the work authorization status of their new hires. I believe E-verify should be made a requirement, because when the illegal immigrants are denied work they will be forced to return to their home nations. This opens up jobs for unemployed americans. If employers fail to use E-verify they should be held accountable and fined.

Another reason illegal immigrants are causing havoc is that they are a burden to the American taxpayers. Illegal immigrant who are paid under the table do not pay taxes. This does not stop them from hospital visits and sending their children to school. American tax payers ultimately suffer because they must pay even more to cover these costs, which is ridiculously unfair.

Next, illegal immigration is putting the health of Americans at risk. Since the massive influx of illegal alien children from Central America, who were not being medically screened, the United States has had outbreaks of numerous illnesses that were once eradicated such as dangerous strains of Flu, Scalia, TB, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Smallpox, Leprosy, and even Malaria. The only way you can protect the American people from the spread of these diseases is to secure the borders and deport people who are here illegally, through increasing law enforcement.

We as a nation want immigrants that are educated and can contribute to making America a great nation. The people infiltrating our borders are uneducated and have low-skill sets, that will hold the country back from excelling. Not to mention, statistics collected by FoxNews.com from immigration reform groups and various government agencies, including the U.S. Census Bureau, U.S. Sentencing Commission, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Government Accountability Office, the Bureau of Justice Statistics and several state and county correctional departments showed that an estimated 11.7 million illegal immigrants account for 13.6 percent of all offenders sentenced for crimes committed in the U.S. Are these really the people we want to bring into our country?

To be clear I am not against immigration. After all, America was founded by immigrants themselves. However, an immigration reform is needed because these people are breaking the law by sneaking across the border or overstaying their visas. In our nation, any other type of crime is punished, so why isn’t immigration treated in the same respect. Illegal immigrants are criminals and it is not fair that they are living in our nation when others are spending their time and money trying to immigrate the correct way. As president of the United States you need to use your authority to put an end to the civil injustice of illegal immigration.

Allison

Avondale High School

Avondale High School

Honors English 10