Stefon Minnesota

Illegal Immigration in America

Why we shouldn't deport illegal immigrants unless they have a criminal record.

Illegal Immigration In America

Dear President of The United States of America, Illegal immigrants are not ruining this country. Most People who come into America illegally are coming here to have a better life for themselves or to help their family. I think that most Illegal immigrants are not doing anything wrong and they should not be deported unless they have no criminal record.

It would cost a lot of money and and take a lot time to find every single Illegal immigrant. According to a news article from 2015 The Atlantic they claim β€œ...Removing all 11.2 million undocumented immigrants, both forcibly and through Mitt Romney's infamous "self-deportation" policy, would take about 20 years and cost the government between $400 billion and $600 billion dollars...”. I think it would be a waste of time and money to deport people who are trying to live a better life, but I understand if they get deported and have a criminal record.

It would be a waste of time because everyone who gets deported tries to get back into the U.S. According to an 2011 article by Center for Immigration Studies β€œOut of the 188,382 criminal aliens deported in 2011, at least 86,699, or 46 percent, had been deported earlier and had illegally returned to the United States.”. This means there is no point of deporting illegal immigrants if the just keep on coming back and wasting time and resources to find them again.

Dear President of The United States can you help illegal immigrants get citizenship into the united states.

Sincerely, Stefon

10th Grade

West St.Paul, MN