Michelle J. Georgia

They Made Their Mark

Do not deport 43 million people.

Do you think deporting 11+ million people is a good idea? Some candidates do but I don’t agree with them. Immigration is a group of people moving into a new country without permission. More and more people come every day to find a better life. Do not deport 11 million people.

Yes, you should strengthen border security, but you shouldn’t deport 43 million people.  John McCain from procon.org stated that “it would take 200,000 buses extending along a 1700 mile long line to deport 11 million people. That’s assuming we had the resources to locate all 11 million, or even half that number, which we don’t have and, we all know, won’t ever have.” Immigrants who have been her for a while know all our ways and have worked hard to get to where they are now. Don’t knock them down.

My solution is to give citizenship to immigrants who have been here for over 5 years. By giving immigrants citizenship, you can decrease the number of immigrants and increase the number of Americans. Immigrants travel to America to make a better living. For example, in Mexico, there are over 26 million people living in rural areas according to tradingeconomics.com. It won’t hurt to add more people to the American population.

Some people say that immigrants are easy to locate, arrest, and deport but there are over 19,000 cities in the United States. All of those cities are probably housing immigrants. Since 2007, the immigrant population has increased tremendously. More than twenty-six percent of the population is made up of immigrants and immigrant born children according to migrationpolicy.org. Certain candidates wish to make this country full of  Americans only. I’m afraid that can’t happen my friend. Immigrants left their fingerprints on houses, restaurants, and towers, but most importantly on America.

Martin Luther King once said “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” Immigrants have built empires here because of all the opportunities. Try to help out immigrants instead of making them vanish.

Michelle J.