Allison H. Michigan

Immigration Reform

Many immigration issues have been going on in the United States of America for quite some time. I think it is about time we start finding a solution to this problem.

I believe that we need to address the issue of immigration laws. Many people come from a dangerous country and into the United States and aim to become a legal U.S. citizen by following our standards. There are many cases where families are deported back to the country they came from because they are a illegal citizen. I find it depressing to see families trying to start a new life in America just to be sent back to where they came from. Immigrants can really help grow the United States; create jobs and other great attributions to America and I think they deserve to have the right to become a legal citizen.

For example, the Hernandez family was torn apart on August 26th, 2016. Susana and Sayra, who both used to live in Michigan without immigration permission, had to be deported back to where they were born, Mexico. This left Susana's other daughter, Isabella, left in the United States at 11 years old because she is the only legal citizen of the family. Susana had two big concerns; being separated with her daughter and going back to her the country she was born in.

"My biggest concern is the situation of violence in the part of the country where I am from. We left because of violence," -Susana (Source: www.mlive.com)

Not only is it just the Hernandez family that have fled their country to start a fresh new life. Many other immigrants are searching to raise a family, get a job, and live in a safer country like the United States.

I believe that we need to take action and change the current immigration laws. I think that we should fix immigrants that are already in our country in a timely manor and work with one country at a time starting with Mexico. I truly believe immigrants can do great things for us and they at least should have a chance to show us what they can do to help us as a country. 

"If we are going to be a nation of laws and a nation of immigrants, we want to make sure that we are giving them that opportunity." -Barack Obama (Source: www.whitehouse.gov)

Good luck,

Allison Howden