Daniella Georgia

National defense

The importance of 9/11: why should we still talk about this day?

I would like to address to you a serious problem that I believe very strongly about. Although I was not personally affected by it, I believe it could change the way Americans could think about our history. It has come to my attention that many people think that the events of 9/11 should no longer be talked about due to the tragedy that came with it, I do not agree with this.

On September 11th, 2001, al-Qaeda, a terrorist group, attacked the New York Twin Towers and Washington's Pentagon. 2,977 people died in the towers, pentagon, the planes, or attempting to help people find safety. Some of of our brightest minds and bravest souls lost their lives that day because of the attack. They should never be forgotten.

This terrorist action proved many things to the world and to the US. It proved that nothing can break America, and that we will always stick together. Also, it brought to everyone's attention how far we will go to save the ones we love, or how devoted some people are to their work, such as police men and the firefighters that helped during that tragic time. 

September 11th should always be remembered. This event should always be talked about due to the sadness, memories, and stories that happened. I'm asking you to make sure that this event is always talked about and remembered in America. The victims and their families should always be remembered and the families should never feel like their child or anything died for nothing. Never Forget 9/11.

Daniella L