Noah K. Iowa

More Guns, Less Crime.

Through real-life stats, this letter will prove that where there are more guns, there is less crime.

As an individual I have been around guns my whole life and never felt in danger once. Most of the public doesn’t realize what firearms can mean to a family like mine. Not only do we use them for hunting, but it is also enjoyable to practice and shoot targets. My grandfather and father are avid gun owners and they take much pride in their collections. Taking away the right to bear arms would be unconstitutional and leave us defenseless.

The 2nd Amendment has played a huge role in the life of many Americans over the years. Without the 2nd Amendment, Americans would not have the ability to defend themselves from danger. Yes, I understand there has been recent school shootings, but according to the National Rifle Association-Institute of Legislative Action Organization, gun ownership has risen to an all-time high, and the nation’s total violent crime rate has fallen to a 44-year low and our nation’s murder rate has fallen to an all-time low. This is one of the many stats that proves that with more guns and concealed-carry permits we have less crime in this country! Let's face it, people should not have to rely on police response time as their best defense mechanism. According to the American Police Beat, the average police response time is 10 minutes. A lot can happen in 10 minutes!  In 10 minutes, you could be murdered, raped, or kidnapped. Yes, I understand calling the police means there is a good chance the criminal will be caught. Now ,I don’t know about you, but I would rather ensure my protection from these possibilities than sitting there for 10 minutes waiting for the police.

In conclusion, I believe there is a direct correlation between more guns and less crime in our country. Not only do I believe this, but the stats prove it! Taking away guns from law abiding citizens would leave them like sitting ducks waiting for predators to pounce. You are sworn to protect these citizens, and by allowing their constitutional right to bear arms your job will be a lot easier. So, please don’t forget about the people in this country like me who are very passionate about our 2nd Amendment rights found in our Constitution.

Noah K.