ITE Louisiana

Gun violence in the US

Gun violence is bad

Dear, new president

What is your opinion on gun violence? Americans today tend to believe it should be harder to buy a gun. Should buying a gun be harder to do? “30,000 people die annually in the U.S.A..” Majority of homicides in the U.S.A. are gun related.

The Vox video states “The U.S.A. has had 133 mass shootings from 2000 to 2014.”

These types of mass shootings are happening more and more often. Will making guns more difficult to obtain make mass shootings decrease?

Vox states “America’s gun problem is unique.” It is too easy to get a gun in the U.S.A.. Other countries do an in depth background check. They also ask the reason why you are buying a gun. In the U.S.A. buying a gun from a gun show or a private dealer you don’t even need a background check.

The Vox video states ”The United States has the most gun homicides to gun owners ratio.” The United States’ assault and burglary rates lower than other countries with similarly population. From 2000 to 2013 more people have died from guns than AIDS, illegal drugs, war, and terrorism in the U.S.A.. This evidence proves that guns really do kill a lot of people.

Guns kill many people in the U.S.A.. There are not good restrictions on getting guns. What will you do about these things new president?

From, ITE