Logan E. Missouri

How I Feel About Immigration

Dear Future President Of the United States:

One of the largest differences between you and your opposing candidate is your view and opinion on immigration. In my opinion, you both have major high points to what you have to say and think about immigration, but I also think you both have some major low points. I feel that immigration is a great thing, but can carry major consequences if not regulated and if our country is not financially or resourcefully stable enough to handle it.

The biggest issue I see with immigration is education. This is already a problem for the states without adding thousands of kids that need a little extra help through school that are not American citizens. These children coming into the states from places where school is not really an option still deserve a great and quality education, but we do not have the money or the resources to give them what they need and deserve. A lot of theses children are treated as if they are in, or need to be in, a special education program, but that is not at all the case. The biggest problems are the language barriers and the extreme difference in cultures, therefore, many of the resources that should be going to children with actual learning disabilities are going to immigrant children who simply just cannot speak English. I am not at all saying that American children are the only ones that matter, but that immigrant children should not be put in the same schools. I feel that some day we should try to make programs in which there are schools just for them so that they can learn our language and culture before being put into a public school.

Another issue is that, financially, our country just cannot handle this. We are short of jobs for the citizens of the United States,  let alone for immigrants. Once we have enough jobs and educational resources for American citizens, then  I feel Immigration would be a great thing for our country. I just feel that now is not the time.

I don't know if you are going to read this, and I highly doubt even if  you do that I will be able to change how you feel about the subject. I just hope that you make the right decision for our country, whether I agree with it or not. I wish you the best in your presidency.

Logan E.