Mauro M. Missouri

Deport them all?

At the moment immigration is a very controversial topic in the United States. People just can not say immigrants are bad or good, People can not judge people by where they were born. In this letter I focus on the effects of immigration and how it's making our country in best and worst of ways.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

I am from Kansas City, Missouri, and this is the first time I have ever paid attention to a presidential debate, maybe because I am older now or because this is just the craziest one I have ever seen. Thank you so much for taking your time to read my letter, it is truly an honor and I hope we can solve this immigration problem we have in our country.

At the moment immigration is a very controversial topic in the United States. The largest majority of immigrants coming into the United States are the Mexicans, and it is one of the races many people have immigration issues within the United States other than the refugees. Less than half of the immigrants in the United States are illegal and many Americans have complained that illegals have stolen their jobs because, they are getting underpaid doing the laboring jobs that I can bet most Americans don’t want to do. Most immigrants are not criminals and are not harming your country, Many are hard workers that are trying to make a living. According to, migrationpolicy.org, "While much of the focus may be on border enforcement, there are an array of interior enforcement policies aimed at identifying unauthorized immigrants for removal, including work site enforcement, employment verification, jail-house screening, and state and local law enforcement activity."

People just can not say immigrants are bad or good, People can not judge people by where they were born. Just because Syria is a war zone and they are a Muslim country does not mean all Muslim immigrants are terrorists and want to bomb us and just because a multi-billionaire said Mexican immigrants are rapist and criminals does not mean they all are. It is not a border it is a dream but, it is also not a charity. first of all, people really can not blame them for immigrating desperately to such an great country. They come here for a better life to hope everything will be alright. If we had a faster process of allowing immigrants into the United States legally, families wouldn’t have to be torn apart. My friend’s step dad is an illegal  immigrant, he makes most the money in the household. He pays all the bills and has even remodeled the house so they could leave their poor neighborhood and go somewhere way better, not to suffer anymore in that bad neighborhood anymore. Before him they were extremely poor, they could barely even afford food for themselves and if he gets deported they are forced to back to being poor like they were before.

Mauro

Frontier STEM High School

9B

The best first block class in the world. Yessir!!!