Zachary N. Missouri

Immigration

Even though people think that illegal immigrants are bad, they do help are our economy.

Nov. 3, 2016

I feel like that immigration can help the economy, even thru illegal immigrants.  They help businesses save money, contribute money to organization, and hardly take out money.

In "Do Illegal Immigrants Actually Hurt the U.S. Economy" Stephon Goss, chief actuary for the Social  Security Administration, said that undocumented workers contribute about $15 billion a year to Social Security through payroll taxes.  This shows that even though they might not get Social Security they will still help America no matter what.  Also, in the article they say illegal immigrants only take out $1billion.  That is less than a fraction compared to the national debt, which is $17 trillion!

But with the influx of illegal immigrants, American citizens are losing jobs. Undocumented workers undercut wage jobs that would go to regular U.S. citizens.That is beginning to be a problem, because when the undocumented workers take these jobs, Americans have a more difficult time finding a job.  Then, some Americans might become homeless because they're not able to pay bills or rents.

What I think that we need to do is to slow down the rate of immigrants coming in the U.S., and start helping the undocumented workers here become actual U.S. citizens.  That way, they can help benefit the economy legally, and not make it seem like that illegal immigrants are stealing jobs.

Zach N.