Elizabeth V. Georgia

Immigration and the Decision

My parents immigrated to the U.S. in the late 1900’s and it wasn’t the easiest process to get into the country. My interests have been focusing more and more on the immigration issue that occur, which are often caused by discrimination.

My parents immigrated to the U.S. in the late 1900’s and it wasn’t the easiest process to get into the country. My interests have been focusing more and more on the immigration issue that occur which are caused by discrimination. Many stereotypes have conspired over the last few years, most of them mainly directed to Mexicans and Muslims.

An example would be how the New York Times stated, “Muslims should not be allowed in the country because they bring to much violence including Isis.” Another quote directed to the Mexicans, “Mexicans should not be allowed because they bring drugs and unwanted produce to our country.” These stereotypes are way too general because not everyone is connected to that. Another way people diversify these people is they say that they do not help our country; they just bring violence.  Many of them actually bring valuable businesses and great ideas. Some say that they are the cause of having bad neighborhoods and bad places in our country, but they are not.  People also say immigrants are the cause of poverty, but that is just stereotypes people make up and is definitely not valuable.

The future campaign of 2016 have two different references to this issue and two very different ideas on how to solve the problem. Democrats say they want to make the immigration policy more free so more people can enter the country legally and help our economy, as well as population, grow. The Republicans say that they want to let less people into the country, thus securing our immigration policy and not allowing Mexicans or Muslims enter the country for security reasons. This explains how Democrats believe to make our country more successful economy-wise, and Republicans want to make our country safer.

This brings us to many solutions on solving the problem with immigration and diversity in the country of the United States of America. Trying to make our country safe but economy stable is a big portion of this problem, and as the future president, you should develop a plan to help fix it.

Elizabeth V.

Creekland Middle School

Ms. Boyle's Class

Ms. Boyle's Class