Karia J. Illinois

Choices of a women's body

In this letter, I will be explaining the importance of people understanding that abortion is a good but also a bad thing. Having an abortions doesn't define what kind of mother or human being you are.

My name is Karia, I am currently a junior in high school.  I believe that mothers abort their pregnancies primarily because of birth control failure, not financially stability, defects, rape and or incest. I believe that women know their bodies best and can make the right life decisions that's best for themselves. Abortion is a deliberate termination of a human pregnancy. Being with child for some people is a miracle, but for others, they could be throwing their whole future away. 

Personally, I am pro choice because if a young girl gets pregnant due to birth control failure, I would understand why she wants to terminate that pregnancy. This young girl would want to terminate her fetus because she wasn't expecting or looking forward to getting pregnant because of her birth control. Some people think that aborting a baby is a bad because you're killing a human being, which is also like murder. Some people also think that having an abortion gives the mother a long term psychological damage. In reality, a modern abortion procedure is safe and does not cause lasting health issues such as cancer and infertility.  

In conclusion, having an abortion doesn't define the kind of mother or human being you are. Having an abortion doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you a person that wants to gain financial stability or just be comfortable as a person to have a child. A women should be entitled to her own decisions for what she wants to do with her body or not. 

Sincerely, Karia