Melissa Wisconsin

Prison Overcrowding

Prison overcrowding issues.

I would like to inform you that there are way to many prisons that are overcrowded. Because there are not enough prisons I would suggest building more prisons to allow less overcrowding. Also I want to ask you if you could try to make a law that prisons only allow a certain number of inmates in one facility.

One reason I suggest this is because prisons could outbreak and lead to inmates roaming the streets, which is a very serious matter. If there was a prison break (there have been attempts) then people would be in danger. Putting people in danger is a horrible thing to do; therefore, all I ask is to fix this issue before it occurs.

Another reason I ask of this is because my mother works at a prison that is very over crowded, the warden had another building built just so the inmates would have more sleeping space, yet there is still an issue. I am very afraid my mom could be hurt while doing her job, although even if it wasn't overcrowded there is still a possibility she could be hurt, but being overcrowded raises that possibility. I really do not want my mother hurt and would appreciate it.

My last reason is, that the United States has the most inmates in the world(2,265,000) and only 14,000 prisons, this is not enough prisons and will never be unless we build more prisons and put effort in working on this. This is an issue that can not be solved until we work on it. If there was a law that there could only be so many prisoners in one facility then this would not be an issue.

I would like to make you aware that this is a very serious matter, and you should build more prisons so that there is no outbreak or any problems in the years that you are president. I would very much appreciate it if you could find a solution so that no one gets hurt. Thank you for reading my article.

Sincerely, Melissa