Bella R. Oregon

Pro Abortion, A Womans Choice

Every woman should make her own choices with her body. That's why I believe in pro abortion.

Abortion: Women's right to make their own choice

“Abortion is about allowing women the right to make choices about when they want to have children in relation to their age, financial stability & relationship stability. It is the not the place of government to legislate against woman's choices.”(news24 Article by Dramos Women's Clinic) Many people do not believe in abortion in the United States, and that's ok. People are allowed to have their own beliefs in this country. But what's not ok is trying to put an end to all abortions. Every woman should have a option for this choice in the world, It's her right. No woman should have choices regarding her own body being made by other people. Just because people are pro abortion doesn't mean they necessarily like the idea of it. It just means they believe a woman has a choice with her body. The option of abortion stops teen pregnancy every day.

According to the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, "discrimination against women" includes laws that have either the "effect" or the "purpose" of preventing a woman from exercising any of her human rights or fundamental freedoms on a basis of equality with men.” Laws that ban abortion have just that effect and that purpose. Wanting to ban abortions is a form of gender discrimination.

78,000 women die around the world each year from conducting unsafe abortions, because they don't have access to safe abortions. Forcing a woman to undergo an unsafe abortion violates her right to life. There are Abortion makes less unwanted babies, because in the end no baby should be raised in a home that doesn't want them.

Teen pregnancy is a big problem. In 2014 a study found that 249,078 babies were born to woman from the age of 15-18. (CDC teen pregnancy.) Only 51% of teen moms receive a highschool diploma. Giving teenagers the option and the access to abortions can bring this number down and help still make a future for these teens.

Pregnancy does a lot to a woman's body, some women it is too much for there body and can create medical problems, should they not have a second choice? If a woman is raped should she have to then carry that baby for 9 months? If a woman's birth control doesn't work, but she barely has enough food to feed herself, should she have to have a baby? There are many reasons why abortions should be legal and available, whatever situation a woman is in, she should always have the choice of if she wants to carry a child or not.