Kaila V. Wisconsin

Abortion should be Legal

I think abortions should stay legal!

I think that the United States should keep abortion legal.  Here are my many reasons as to why I believe this. 

More Americans want to keep abortion a legal choice.  According to procon.org, woman risks of dying from abortion is 0.6 to 100,000, while the risk of having a child is 14 times higher. A study found that 95% of woman that had received abortions, "felt is what the right decision for them". According to pewsearch.org,  it has been two decades that abortion has been legal, so why not keep it this way? 

The woman that chooses to have abortion do not have any health issues.  According to procon.org, modern abortion procedures are safe and do not cause any lasting health issues such as cancer and infertility. Also, woman who receive abortions are less likely to have mental health problems than woman that are denied abortions.   

Finally, woman should be able to choose what to do with their pregnancy and their body.  According to procon.org, the choice over when and whether to have children is central to women's independence and ability to determine her future.  Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy, not a baby.  If a woman or a minor were to be raped or molested they should have the choice to abort their pregnancy, which would have been the outcome from a terrible life changing experience. 

I think that abortion should be stay legal in America because, more Americans want to keep it a legal choice, the woman having the abortion does not have health issue and woman should be able to choose what to do with their pregnancy and their own body. Would you want yourself or someone close to you to be forced to keep their pregnancy because of rape, unintended pregnancy, or that they are concerned about pregnancy issues?   

Kaila V.