Ana R. Wisconsin

Anti-Abortion

An unborn child is a human being and should have the right to live. Abortions should stop or at least slow. The abortion rate should reduce not increase or stay the same.

Why is abortion still legal? An unborn child should have the right to live. By definition abortion means the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first twenty-eight weeks of pregnancy. It’s a choice made by the mother to intentionally harm the child but having an abortion is considered murder and according to the U.S. government an unborn baby is a considered a human being also meaning has the right to live.

Recently I have heard that many people do believe that the fetus doesn’t feel pain. Bernard N. Nathanson, MD, late abortion doctor says that the fetus feels pain and during the abortion procedure on a twelve week old fetus you can see (in an ultrasound image) the child’s mouth opens in silent scream… this is the silent scream of a child threatened imminently with extinction. Showing that the child does feel pain.

According to many doctors and studies an abortion causes psychological damage. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health found that “Young adult women who undergo abortion may be at increased subsequent depression.” So not only are you putting the child in harms way but the mother is also putting herself at risk of harm too.

Instead of aborting an unwanted child put the child up for adoption. Abortions have reduced the numbers of adoptable children. Women should give the child to people who cannot conceive. In a study the number of adoptions have dropped from 90,000 in 1970 to 18,000 in 2007 and more african american children were aborted (31,328) than live births (24,758).

This is why we should try to stop abortions and become pro-life. Even if it doesn’t become completely illegal in some cases like rape or other cases our country should try to slow the rate of abortions.

Ana R.