Franklin T. Illinois

Poverty

We should have a unique taxing way for each person, based on their monthly income.

Poverty

Did you Know that half of the world has less than enough money to live on?

Did you know that People in poverty have a higher rate of mental Illness?

In a new study, Haushofer and a colleague found that when families in Kenya were given cash grants averaging $700 (nearly twice the amount typically spent per person per year), they reported higher levels of life satisfaction and lower levels of depression than they did before they got the money, which they could spend on anything. The larger the cash transfer, the bigger the mental boost. It didn't matter if the money came in monthly installments or all at once, according To NPR.org

To keep the poverty rates down you could decrease the taxes on the poor or make the tax system special to each person’s Income.

Between 1993 and 2000, the poverty rate fell each year, reaching 11.3 percent in 2000, but Since 2000, the poverty rate has slowly increased, peaking at 15.1 percent in 2010 and remaining relatively stable, acording To NPC.umich.edu

1 billion children live in poverty (1 in 2 children in the world). 640 Million Children in the world don’t live in a safe house, 400 million don’t have safe drinking water, acording To GlobileIssues.org people who live in poverty appear to be at higher risk for mental illnesses. They also report lower levels of happiness, according To NPR.org

What we could do is to help out by decreasing taxes for the poor, or make a tax system that is special to every person.

Franklin T

Gurrie Middle School

3-4 LaBud ELA

3-4 LaBud ELA