Jordan B. California

Does one ethnicity matter more than the other?

My letter is based around the Black lives matter group, it is based off of the idea that people think one ethnicity matters more than the others. I really wanted to encorporate the all lives matter hashtag so I gave some background on it.

As I read on this black lives matter article while sitting in my 9th grade english class, I was really intrigued. I wanted to know more on this whole #blacklivesmatter, I scrolled threw a few more articles and they all said sort of the same thing. Black people in this time are mistreated and have no privileges in society today, they are judged by the color of their skin and where they come from. My own parents have made racist jokes against black people and called them names. I was told that if I was to date a black boy I would be disowned. Why are black people judged by the color of their skin, well that's a question we still haven't figured the answer to yet.

This issue has affected me in many ways, I have a fear of going to community events because I feel as if maybe a black lives matter group is gonna strike. As a 9th grader I do feel bad that black people are mistreated, but because you feel that way doesn't mean you take other people's lives. The two cops killed in Brooklyn, New York in December of 2014. These cops never deserved to be killed, they had families to and they had lives ahead of them. We won't be able to solve a problem if you're creating little mini problems within it.

Some people say that there is nothing we can do to stop all this violence but we have to try different strategies. Without hope nothing will ever work, we will never fix anything in this world, We treat people with skin colors that aren't like ours differently and then we wonder why there is so much hate in this world. Nothing can be accomplished if we always doubt it. I want to also incorporate the #alllivesmatter this hashtag has been sparking more and more drama. When people say all lives matter they are focusing on the skin color or race that is in the most danger right now. The all lives matter is a response to black lives matter saying that hey are lives matter to when they aren't in danger.

These issues affect everyone, these issues are sparking more violence around the world then i have ever seen. I am afraid to go places because at any moment a person with a different skin color can feel threatened and go off. People are being killed for going against black lives matter and that's not right. People are entitled to their own opinion but they shouldn't be killed for voicing it. People tend to say that black people earned what they are getting and it truly disgusts me to think that people believe that. No one deserves to have a family member killed because of the color of their skin, no one deserves to be treated differently because the color of their skin.

The cause of the black lives issue was started after the death of Trayvon Martin in the summer of 2013, by Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometi. George Zimmerman shot Trayvon for no reason and was not convicted of a crime. I feel as if cops get an advantage for killing people they can kill people and easily say i felt threatened. But if a normal citizen shot and killed someone they would immediately be in prison for life. I can see where the black lives matter organizers are coming from and why they do what they do, cops who kill people for no reason should be put in jail just like everyone else.

Once all this violence is over with, there will come better times, if we believe and put in effort to make this world a better place anything is possible. I used to say things were impossible but as I grew up I realized that the Impossible is possible with a little bit of hope.

MCAA

MCAA B6

English 9 Block 6 students share their concerns with the next President of the United States