Kyle N. Virginia

Let us protect ourselves!

Mr./Mrs. President, I am an Eleventh Grader in Ms. Licata's honors English class at Eastern view high school. I have noticed gun control is something that has been talked about a lot lately. Gun laws are the cause of much of the violent crime in the United States and need to be changed in order to make it easier for Americans to purchase handguns, carry them as concealed weapons and protect themselves. Many people own guns in this day in age, but in order to purchase a gun you must be licensed. To own a gun it is a very complicated process. Many Americans own guns for many reason which include hunting and to protect themselves. Ted Nugent said “where you have the most armed citizens in america, you have the lowest violent crime rate, where you have the worst gun control, you have the highest crime rate.” Owning a gun is okay but we need to enforce the right way to use them and make sure no citizen uses them in an inappropriate way. A solution to fix the violent crime rate is to train our law enforcement to crack down and to pay more attention to the violent activity. I thank you for your time good luck in your term as the US President. Lets enforce the law and make sure citizens use guns appropriately. Sincerely, Kyle Nicholson