Casey B. Michigan

Why we have abortion and why I disagree.

Recently, there have been lots of debates about making abortion illegal. This is very important issue. It focuses on killing innocent people before they even born because one or two people don’t think that they can handle having a kid. I personally do not agree with abortion. I don’t think that it is right to kill someone because someone else messed up. If anything, just that’s selfish.

Of course, it is true that the parent does decide what their kid can do and how they live. Some people mistake this fact and think that it means that killing your own child is okay because it’s yours. This is incorrect. Killing your child isn’t okay when it’s developed, so why is it allowed when they are in the womb? It’s still murder, it’s still terrible, but yet it’s allowed. Why? Because the parents can’t see it yet. They haven’t held it, so they can’t love it. And most of the time, they don’t want to, because they will feel guilty. If you hide something so that you don’t feel guilty, you should feel guilty anyway.

The problem here is that in the last few decades, American society and responsibility has taken a turn for the worst. People make too many mistakes at night. In fact, this has been happening so much that a product has been made to temporarily stop reproduction from happening. It is getting ridiculous and causing many deaths to infants. In 1973, this problem became so big that they had to legalize abortion. This, of course, only causes more irresponsible and more problems. I believe that if abortion is made illegal, It will be a case of two birds with one stone.

There are about 1.21 million abortions in America every year. That means that every year somewhere around 1 million americans are killed at birth ON PURPOSE. There are more infants being killed on purpose in America than on accident. America has about 377 million people in it, half of which are adults. This means that 2.6% of America get killed before they are born. Luckily, there has been a steady decline in abortions since 1980. Either way, 2.6% is lowest it been in a few decades. I hope that you can make the final drop.

The solution is very simple. Ban abortion. With abortion rates declining, making abortion illegal will make people realize that they can’t be irresponsible and have to face the consequence of their action. It will also save the lives of millions. Since it became legal, more than 46,800,000 infants have died on purpose because people became irresponsible. Do what’s right. You can put a stop to this.

Casey B.

Northview High School

4th Hour

Mrs. Pitt's 4th hour 9th grade English students.