Mackenzie G. Michigan

Dear Madame or Sir,

I think that immigration is becoming a problem for the United States. Many people in the United States who come here are not here illegally. The more people that come here the less jobs and houses we have for others, and then people would homeless or without food. The united States is the main spot for immigrants to come to because we are a free country. Also it is causing people to ask questions of why they are coming here. Immigration is becoming a very big problem and i have an idea on how to fix it.

First off, people are coming because we are allowing them to come, but if within 4 months if They do not have their papers they are told to leave this country. That is to long for them to be here because they could be part of the ISIS terrorist group, And that gives them enough time to do something very bad like planting a bomb in one of major building in the United States. I think that if we add more border patrol to the border to keep more immigrants from coming in. We should have about 30,000 agents out there.

If we raise the border around the United states and make it out of something like cement so they can’t climb over it. We could make it at least 7 more feet tall it would be harder for them to get over it as easy. Right now we have 42.2 million in the U.S. that we know of. And if we get any more we are going to run out of room for the original people of the United States.

If we let only about a few hundred immigrants in each year because we have too many coming in to the U.S. and overpopulating the land. And when we have less land to give to people to build houses or start a business. And they can’t do that with the new immigrants taking up the land for camps or homes to stay in. But we can’t just leave them out on the streets. So we could find a few plots of land to build apartments for them.

They are here to have a free life and to be able to get away from the wars going on in there countries. But they are overpowering us by the thousands and that's not good. So if we can limit how many are coming to the country that would help solve a couple of our problems. The less of them that are here the more room we have to expand. I believe that this could help solve our problems and make the United States a better country.

Mackenzie Graham 

Ithaca Junior High School

8th Grade Social Studies - 5th Hour

This group is for 8th Grade Social Studies students at Ithaca Junior High, specifically 5th Hour.