ryan m. Michigan

drug abuse

my letter is about why prescription drug abuse should be controlled more.

Dear mr. President,

My name is Ryan.  As president, I ask of you to please recognize that drug abuse is a big problem in the world, it's important because when people are abusing drugs it can hurt them, family, and friends, it could also even kill people.

It's a fact that the u.s is the leader in public Health issues, the u.s is more widespread with this problem than the e.u, something needs to be done about this problem. Yes their are a lot of people that really do need certain drugs for the problems they have, but their are also a lot of people that abuse drugs in any way they can, here is a few examples, overdosing, re-selling, young kids could get them, and some people just want them to get high and use them the way they are not intended to be used. These are just a few reasons why drug abuse needs to be controlled in America and also exporting and coming into American. Prescription drug abuse is my main argument, the facts i have are all about prescription drug abuse and why it's a important thing and why it can be bad but also good, nonmedical prescription drug use is typically defined as either the self treated of a medical condition using prescription medication that was not prescribed to the user, or as the use of prescription medication to achieve euphoric states. Not prescribed drug use is a huge problem in drug abusing, it matters because if someone is using drugs not prescribed to them they can get in a lot of trouble plus they are probably using them in the way they are not intended to be used, and that is a very big reason why prescription drug abuse is a big problem.

So mr. President I wrote this in hope you would take action and please do something about this worldwide problem. I hope you can please try to restrict drugs for some people that don't have a valid reason to have them, but also make it so people that do need the drugs can get them without doing a background check. Thank you for your time mr. President and I hope you take into consideration the high amount of drug abuse their is, and to stop it, thank you.

Sources

“prescription drug abuse in Europe is a bigger problem than previously thought.”

“CVS health expands youth drug abuse prevention efforts for the 2016-2017 school year.”

“My battle with addiction.” Action magazine