Briana H. New Jersey

Pro Tablet

I am against pro textbooks.

Dear president-elect Trump

Pro Tablet

I feel like tablets should be carried around in school because textbooks are heavy and cause injuries. Also tablets can help students learn more material faster. I know 81% of k-12 teachers believe that “tablets enrich classroom education”. Tablets can hold hundreds of textbooks on one device, plus homework, quizzes, other files, eliminating the need for physical storage of books and classroom materials. Tablets contain many technological features that cannot be found in print textbooks. As I stated before print textbooks are heavy and cause injuries, while a tablet only weighs One to two pounds. I feel like if a student wants to carry around a tablet that should be included in tuition and student should be able to keep those tablets after they graduate because they did pay for the tablet. When we use textbooks we don’t pay for them because when we get finished with the textbooks at the end of the year we just return them back to the teachers. I know that some private high schools use them instead of text books. So that being said I feel like schools should carry around tablets.