Miguel L. California

The Genetic engineering D.N.A. situation

I'm wondering if are new President of the United States of America will be allowing or Prohibiting this use of Genetic Engineering. Also if they are going to be using this new technology how will they be using it.

Dear Mr./Mrs. Prez,

I think that Genetic Engineering has been getting more and more popular this year. With more experiments and other countries such as China using it. So i'm curious as an American if you are going to be promoting this or will you be banning/prohibiting this. The question on banning or allowing Genetic Engineering D.N.A. has been around for not long and we have recently began using this technology more this year. But with this new technology we can change many things such as getting rid of diseases, making new foods, making many new things possible. Now the problem with this new technology is that it can be for bad intentions. Also its questioned if this could lead to birth defects. This new technology limits genetic diversity and people are against this because it doesn't go with their beliefs. This new technology will soon be affecting everyone because once we open the door for genetic engineering the door cannot close again. There are 3 perspectives to this idea you can agree with it, disagree with it, or you can be both. For me i'm for it because i think the positives overway the negatives so much in this topic. But i can still see how this can affect us in a bad way because if we allow this it's possible that this can lead to many unborn babies getting birth defects . Also on top of that if this new technology gets in the wrong hands things could get bad. Because having an army of genetically modified soldiers for war could be happen. With all this new technology getting discovered like crispr/cas9 to help with genetic engineering is doing great but the question here still remains will you the President of the United States of America be Promoting this new idea or will you be Banning/Prohibiting this. The question is only for you to answer and I hope that you will be promoting this new great technology for the better of the U.S. and the world.

Miguel Lule

MCAA

MCAA B4

English 9 Block 4 students share their concerns with the future POTUS